Adding faces to the names, introducing the LYNQ team…
Natalie Veli, Marketing Executive
A newcomer to the manufacturing sector. 10+ years of experience working within marketing and digital roles, Natalie holds a diploma in Public Relations and several certificates in digital marketing.
Tell us about your role at LYNQ, Natalie
How long have you worked at LYNQ? Just over a year and a half now.
What do you enjoy about your role? Firstly, I have never worked with such an awesome crowd of people. I enjoy managing the website and making it look super snazzy with our great CI. In my marketing role, it is rewarding to be part of the successful process of welcoming new customers and partners to LYNQ.
What is your favourite project that you have worked on? Since I started, I have worked on a bunch of different projects with Lizzie. There is no specific one that I have preferred over another. I like working on our global events, doing all the background work and social announcements. It has been a project all on its own to learn about software as I came from a different industry, but it is super interesting and surprisingly not as geek-ish as I always thought it was!
And to get a bit more personal, here’s a ‘Quick Fire Five’
- What is your phone screensaver? It chops and changes so often, but in general, it has always been of my two boys. One with an innocent look on his face, batting his beautiful blue eyes and the other with the cheekiest, mischievous, and most gorgeous smile.
- One thing you’d take to a desert island? A boat to get back to civilisation. I could not live without my husband, boys, food and a glass or three of wine!
- I bet my teammates would be surprised to know that… When I was about 13, a girl in my group of friends found out about a ‘competition’ to watch movies at the cinema for three days without falling asleep, so we signed up! We were not allowed to close our eyes, or we were out! We had Red Bull and Coca-Cola on demand, sponsored fast food and gym bikes to ride while we watched. There were 15-minute breaks every three movies, after the credits which had to be watched too. They were SUCH boring movies! We beat a group of kids from China and successfully got into the Guinness World Book of Records a few years after (2004 if you want to check it out 😉!)! The photo was taken of the team left over with my friend and me in the front.
- What was the first gig/live music event you went to? There was this little pop punk, alternative rock ‘boy band’ in South Africa called Tweak that later changed their name when they got older to Crashcarburn. I liked the drummer! Lol. But my first live ‘famous’ concert was and still is my favourite – P!NK!
- Favourite computer game? I never knew computer games were still a thing until my 7 year old asked for Roblox!