What is APS? And how can using it along with your current Acumatica Cloud ERP boost production?
Having come through a period of uncertainty, manufacturers will be aware more than ever of the importance of managing their current resource in the most effective way possible. Being able to collect data from manufacturing machines, as well as the employees that are running them, is essential to being able to gain useful insight into processes. Without visibility of this data it is impossible to recognize areas of inefficiencies and where losses are occurring. By being able to measure and analyse this data the Production Planner can ensure that machines are running to their optimum capacity and that the schedule is in line with demand.
Commonly, this data is siloed in the machines themselves or recorded on pieces of paper on the shop-floor. It is then an admin heavy and manual process to enter this information into a manufactures ERP, so that ERP’s can do what they do best and highlight areas of inefficiencies and opportunities to make savings that in turn mean business growth. This is where LYNQ MES comes into the picture, by digitalising this entire process LYNQ not only eradicates the need for manual data entry, it talks to a manufacturers ERP, with certified integration with Acumatica Cloud ERP, to provide a holistic view of your entire manufacturing operation.
This enables your Production Planner to schedule the production line based on information from both Acumatica Cloud ERP as well as the shop floor. LYNQ MES includes feature-rich APS capabilities, which stands for Advanced Planning and Scheduling, equipping manufacturers with an easy to use and efficient tool for improved decision making.
Through Acumatica Cloud ERP combined with LYNQ MES, manufacturers can improve their planning and scheduling through:
- Visual scheduling, automated and manual drag and drop scheduling to quickly produce reliable production plans and be able to see instantly any gaps in the production line or more efficient ways of working.
- Flexibility to respond to demand, able to adjust constraints, flexible scheduling scenarios reflect the complexity of the manufacturing process and can be looking many months ahead.
- Urgent orders, ability to respond to immediate and urgent delivery requirements and control subsequent effects of changes in the schedule.
- Finite capacity vs ERP based scheduling, enabling manufacturers ERP system to perform sales, operational and material planning based on reliable and predictable shop order start and end dates.
- What-if scenarios, able to promise based on capacity and materials availability providing quick and accurate answers to a good delivery date quotations.
- A solution designed with the user in mind, technology that is easy to use and intuitive, visual schedules and graphical representation of the shop floor data make it simple to visualize where losses can be saved and potentially where time is being wasted.
Combining Acumatica cloud ERP with LYNQ MES provides manufacturing organizations with a powerful solution for in-depth insight into production line data and invaluable analysis to digitalize and drive factory performance.
Sign up for the LYNQ and Acumatica APS master class for an in-depth look at LYNQ’s APS capabilities.